2 Hour Family Fun Guided Sea Kayaking Tour
July & August
July 1st - August 31st
Spend 2 hours paddling in and around the small islands and coves near Telegraph Cove, led by our experienced, qualified guides.
Paddle in and around the small islands and coves near Telegraph Cove. Let our guides show you some of the secrets of the incredible marine habitat of Northern Vancouver Island. There are always Bald Eagles, fascinating kelps, tiny jumping fish, sea stars and other intertidal life. Imagine floating in a giant tide pool and being able to look down at all the fascinating creatures living within it. We can always find something you have likely never seen before.
While this trip is about having fun and being out on the ocean, the big question we always get asked is will I see whales on a 2 hour trip? While the chances of a whale encounter are minimal, they do happen on a few trips a week, especially during late July through the third week of August. More frequently, but again not on every trip, we will see the Dall’s porpoise, seals, deer, mink and river otters. We will sometimes even see a black bear searching the shoreline for a free meal. Our guides are in constant communication with each other using their marine VHF radios. If there is any reports of the Orcas, bears or other large mammals in your immediate area, we will always do our very best to ensure no opportunity is missed to see them.
The 2 Hour Family Fun Guided Sea Kayak Tour is ideal for those who are new to kayaking, only have a short period of time to spare or those who just want to get out on the water. No previous experience is required as we use very stable two and three seat, enclosed sea kayaks, provide all paddling equipment, utilize qualified sea kayak guides and conduct a pre-departure training and safety briefing.
With a 2 Hour Family Fun Kayak Tour scheduled to depart every day during July and August at 10am and 2pm, there is sure to be one that meets your schedule. As we run these tours with small group sizes, it is advisable to call ahead or come visit with us at the store in Telegraph Cove in order to reserve your place and avoid disappointment.
A start point like no other.
- There is convenient pay parking right next to our store.
- We launch the kayaks from the heart of Telegraph Cove.
- Paddle for 2 minutes and you are out into Johnstone Strait.
- We frequently see eagles, mink & otters before we even leave the boat ramp.
All Equipment Provided
We provide all of the kayaking equipment. Come with the clothing and personal items noted in ‘What to Bring’ and we do the rest.
We even provide you with quality dry bags to keep your camera and other belongings dry.
What to bring
What to bring on my 2 Hour sea kayaking tour
This is a water sport and you will get a little wet while getting in and out of the kayak.
- Something to drinkl Water works great!
- Shoes you do not mind getting soaked as you will get your feet wet. Please do not bring flip-flops or thongs as these have been the cause of many cuts and falls on the boat ramp and beaches.
- Board shorts or long synthetic pants work well for your lower body.
- Layers work well for the upper half.
- Bring a hat or cap; they work great to keep you warm, keep the sun out of your eyes or the rain off your head.
- Sunscreen; even if the sun is not shining, UV rays get reflected from the water and will burn you.
- A camera or binoculars; We will provide a dry bag to keep them safe and dry.
- A snack,
- If you have allergies that require the use of an EPI Pen - Bring It!
For maximum comfort while kayaking avoid cotton clothing, this includes jeans.